Friday, August 30, 2013

Baked Oatmeal Recipe







 The other day I was talking with a co worker about oatmeal. I know that sounds weird, but I work in a food manufacturing company. We happened to be making  oatmeal that day.  We were saying how the idea of oatmeal is great since it is so healthy for you, but the taste is awful. He had mentioned how he baked oatmeal a couple times and how much better it was that way. So I gave it a shot. This is a recipe I modified from a couple different ones I was able to find. I really liked it. It reminds me of having a soft oatmeal raisin cookie. I hope you enjoy!



Ingredients:
  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • ½ cup honey
  • 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions:
Spray pan with cooking spray.
Mix up all of the ingredients and pour then into the pan.
Cook for 35-40 minutes at 350F.

You can really add anything to this recipe. I added a little bit of coconut, almond slices and chia seeds.

You can also top this the way you would top oatmeal; with fruit, yogurt, or milk. I sprinkled some vanilla sugar on some frozen mangos and microwave them for a topping. Yums

You could even cut this into squares and have breakfast for the week! A bowl of this in the morning is the perfect way to start the day. Oatmeal is packed with fiber. Fiber lowers cholesterol by blocking the absorption of LDL. It also regulate blood pressure and strengthens your heart. 





No comments:

Post a Comment