Sunday, June 17, 2012

Eat Up In The AM!




I know you probably hear this all the time but BREAKFAST REALLY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY! So get out of bed and get into your kitchen people!

You need your breakfast to wake up your metabolism for the day. All night your body burns through its stored nutrients from the previous day, so by the time morning comes your body is running out of fuel.

I used to never eat breakfast, I was in a rush, wasn’t hungry, nothing in the fridge looked good, and blah blah. But I’m telling you since I started, I NEED it or I get cranky, it has made me realize how much your body really needs its morning fix.

A lot of people have told me that eating in the morning makes then nauseous, or they just aren’t hungry enough to eat. I understand totally, but take baby steps (for your health’s sake!). Start with a small granola bar on your way out the door, or a couple of strawberries, and eventually you will want a good filling breakfast to start your day (your body will thank you).

So how will this benefit you? (Just a few)
  • ·      Helps maintain a healthy body weight
  • ·      Improves your mood
  • ·      Increases concentration
  • ·      Improves problem solving skills


I think everyone should start off the day with some protein with a small amount of healthy carbs (fruits, veggies, or whole grains).

You want some ideas?
  • ·      2 eggs scrambled with spinach and tomato
  • ·      Apple or banana with peanut or almond butter
  • ·      Whole grain cereal with sliced strawberries and milk.
  • ·      Yogurt (or Greek yogurt) with some fresh blueberries


Now that isn’t so hard right?

No comments:

Post a Comment